LG Electronics has posted a video invitation for the unveiling event of its next flagship smartphone, the LG Velvet.
The 15-second video clip, posted on its YouTube channel, starts with a runway with different coloured raindrops falling on it.
It is meant to tout the raindrop design of the LG Velvet's rear camera and the colours it will be available in, as shown in an earlier teaser video.
The new clip ends with the unveiling date of May 7 and the addresses of its official YouTube and Facebook pages, with the unveiling event itself to be based around a "fashion show" concept, the company said.
The South Korean tech giant added that the unveiling event would be filmed beforehand and posted online at 10am KST time, May 7 on its YouTube and Facebook pages.
LG decided to make the unveiling online in order to adhere to COVID-19 social distancing measures.
The LG Velvet is confirmed to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 765 5G and will have a headphone jack.
While LG has not yet announced the official pricing for its upcoming flagship device, it previously said it would be a "mass premium" phone to hint at the device likely being more affordable compared to competitors.
The phone will go on sale sometime in mid-May in South Korea.
- LG V60 ThinQ 5G review: Modern network, two screen option, reasonable $900 price
- LG Velvet smartphone shown in full in new video teaser
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G review: A dual-display 5G flagship
- LG teases design rendering of next flagship smartphone
- The LG V60 ThinQ challenges the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 for stylus champ