Motorola on Wednesday launched Motorola One Vision, a "mid-premium" Android smartphone that will run €299 when it launches in Europe.
- See it now: One Vision at Motorola
Motorola One Vision, like Google's Pixel 3a, aims to thread that needle between value pricing and almost premium specifications. Motorola One Vision, however, won't be available in the U.S. Lower priced smartphones may have a big market as tech buyers look to find a lower priced bridge to 5G.
According to Motorola, Motorola One Vision will be available May 15 in Brazil and then roll out through Latin America. The device will be available in Europe as well as Saudi Arabia and Thailand. The phone will also be available in Australia in the months ahead.
"The mid-premium tier of the smartphone market continues to grow," said Chris Francica, Product Marketing Manager for Motorola. He noted that the camera is one of the top features that drive the price points.
The Motorola One family launched in 2018 and has gained traction in Latin America and elsewhere. Motorola's plan is to roll out new devices more quickly to address customer needs.
For Motorola One Vision, the big selling point is a quad-pixel camera (25MP on the front and 48MP rear) that has artificial intelligence and can take pictures in low light. As for storage, Motorola One Vision has up to 128GB of storage with and additional storage via an SD card. The display has a 21:9 aspect ratio and is 6.3 inches.
- 5G: A transformation in progress
- Survey: Professionals eager and ready to deploy 5G
- Special Report: How 5G will transform business (Free PDF)
- 5G New Radio: The technical background
- New 5G business models
- Five industries that will be most affected by 5G
- What is 5G? All you need to know about the next generation of wireless technology
Like other Motorola devices, Motorola One Vision has a pure version of Android that includes some of Motorola's intellectual property for the camera. Here are the specs:
- Android 9, Pie with latest Android OS upgrades
- Samsung Exynos 9609 processor with 2.2 GHz Octa-core CPU and Mali G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB memory
- 128GB Universal Flash Storage with microSD Card support (up to 512GB)
- Dimensions of 160.1mm X 71.2mm X 8.7mm
- Weight of 180g
- Display: 6.3" FHD+ (1080*2520) 432 PPI, LTPS IPS
- Battery: 3500mAh, Non-removable
- Charging: 15W TurboPower for up to 7 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging2
- Water protection: IP523
- 4G LTE (Cat6), UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE
- 2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8, 3G: WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8, 4G: LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/28/66
- Cameras: Rear: 48MP sensor + OIS + 5MP, F1.7 , Quad Pixel, 1.6um, dual CCT LED, output 12MP photo
- UHD@30fps, FHD@30fps, FHD@60fps, HD@30fps; Front: 25MP, F2.0, Quad Pixel, 0.9um
- Single/Dual Nano SIM, 3 in 2
- USB Type-CTM Port with Turbo Charge support
- Dolby Audio, one speaker, headset jack
- Bluetooth 5.0 EDR + BLE
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz + 5GHz, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bottom-ported speaker, 2-Mics
- FM radio
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- Fingerprint reader, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Magnetometer, Gyroscope
- Bronze Gradient; Sapphire Gradient
- Earphone (available in Brazil), protective cover, TurboPower charger, USB cable
Disclosure: ZDNet may earn commissions from some of the products featured on this page.