Got your eye on the new iPad Pro that Apple released yesterday? The magical piece of glass that's supposed to be your next computer.
It's nice, but it's not cheap.
The base price for the iPad Pro starts off quite reasonable -- the 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $799, with the 12.9-inch version starting at $999. That gets you 128GB of storage and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Want more storage? The price goes up quick:
11-inch iPad Pro with Wi-Fi
- 128GB: $799
- 256GB: $899
- 512GB: $1,099
- 1TB: $1,299
12.9-inch iPad Pro with Wi-Fi
- 128GB: $999
- 256GB: $1,099
- 512GB: $1,299
- 1TB: $1,499
Need cellular too? Gotta dig deeper into your pockets:
11-inch iPad Pro with Wi-Fi and Cellular
- 128GB: $949
- 256GB: $1,049
- 512GB: $1,249
- 1TB: $1,449
12.9-inch iPad Pro with Wi-Fi and Cellular
- 128GB: $1,149
- 256GB: $1,249
- 512GB: $1,449
- 1TB: $1,649
Want an Apple Pencil? That'll be $129.
Got your eye on that new Magic Keyboard? That'll set you back $299 for the 11-inch iPad Pro, and $349 for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
This means that the cheapest 11-inch iPad Pro kitted out with a keyboard and Apple Pencil will set you back.
This means that the cheapest 11-inch iPad Pro kitted out with a keyboard and Apple Pencil will set you back $1,227, while a top-of-the-line 12.9 inch iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard is -- are you sitting down -- $2,127.
There's also AppleCare on top of that if that's your thing.
That's only $272 less than the cheapest 16-inch MacBook Pro.
For that price, the iPad Pro really does need to be your next computer.
- Best security keys in 2020: Hardware-based two-factor authentication for online protection
- Build a private cloud with Synology's new DS220j and DS420j NAS
- Firefox: Power user tips and tricks
- Apple: This is how you should disinfect your iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- This Raspberry Pi-powered LEGO robot brute-force attacked an iPhone to find out what PIN codes are blacklisted
- An iOS glitch could be wearing out your iPhone's battery prematurely
- Coronavirus might make new iPhones hard to find
- COVID-19 coronavirus: Changes I've made to my home office to make it cleaner, healthier, and safer
- Coronavirus, flu and other nasties: What if your job involves handling other people's dirty gadgets?
- Flagship Android smartphones lose their value twice as fast as iPhones
- Work from home: Essential gadgets and gear for productivity and good health