The Panasonic TS10 is a rugged little ultra-compact camera ready for some serious adventures. Just how tough is it? Well, it's shockproof, dustproof, waterproof as low as 3 meters/10 feet, and freezeproof to -10°C/14°F. The waterproof level could be better, but all of those other features are pretty good to have as well.
As for actual photography, like the other Lumix cameras, the 14.1-megapixel TS10 has Panasonic's signature Intelligent Auto mode, plus Face Detection and Intelligent Scene Mode. There's also 720p motion JPEG recording ability. A true, standard point-and-shoot device.
Let's take a glance at the other important specs on the DMC-TS10:
- 2.7-inch LCD screen with AR coating
- 4x optical zoom
- ISO up to 6,400
- Uses SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, DC-in, AV-out
- Battery life: Up to 300 pictures per charge
- Dimensions: 3.95- x 2.5- x 0.85-inches
Available in four color variants (black, blue, red and silver), the Panasonic TS10 is expected to land later than the other Lumix releases in September for $249.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 high-end compact camera officially announced
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX700 ultra-compact camera shoots full 1080i AVCHD video
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 superzoom boasts 'industry's fastest' burst shooting
- Panasonic unleashes Lumix DMC-FZ40 megazoom camera