Despite the fact that both the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones are water and dust resistant to IP68 (which means they are rated for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes), it seems that Samsung has a Galaxy S7 Active in the pipeline.
Tech site SamMobile spotted the "Galaxy S7 Active" device listed in one of Samsung's apps.
Allegedly dubbed "Poseidon," it is unclear how this new device will differ from the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. One can only assume that it will feature even greater levels of waterproofing (IP68 is the highest possible dust proof rating), and possibly a more robust military-grade protection (MIL-STD-810G) shell to offer the device greater drop protection, similar to earlier "Active" devices.
It could also feature a larger battery.
Rumor has it that this device will only be available to AT&T customers.
- iOS 9.3 update breaks links in Safari, Messages and Mail apps
- Don't want to buy a new iPhone or iPad? Here's how to speed up your old one
- How to turn any iOS or Android smartphone (or tablet) into a satellite phone
- Must-have PC, smartphone and tablet repair tools
- Best iPhone and iPad email apps to boost your productivity