Rumors are circulating that Samsung is working on a version of the upcoming Galaxy S10 codenamed "Beyond X" that takes the Note 9 and super-size it.
How do you super-size the Note 9? Well, according to a report in the WSJ, Samsung is working on a huge, pocket-busting version of the Galaxy S10 that will feature six cameras, 5G support, and a monster 6.7-inch display.
Why would a smartphone need six cameras (other than we are now in a camera war, where more is better)? According to the report, the Galaxy S10 will have four rear-facing cameras, the extra cameras could be used to offer more zoom capabilities and capture more depth information for use within AR apps and smarter portrait mode photography.
The rumors suggest that Samsung is planning to go all-out with the Galaxy S10, even adding a budget model to the line.
There's also chitchat that the Galaxy S10 will ship with an in-display fingerprint reader and front-facing camera, eliminating the need for a notch in the display.
- Demand for new iPhones weaker than Apple expected, claims report
- Apple knows the days of record iPhone sales are over, and wants you to stop obsessing over how many it now sells
- Apple was right, people love expensive iPhones
- The new iPad Pro has a surprise new feature
- Your old $99 Apple Pencil is now junk
- iOS 12 tells you (almost) everything you need to know about your iPhone's battery
- Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR: Features and specs compared
- Meet Apple's iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR: Prices and specs