It's believed Samsung will ship the Galaxy S8 on April 21 (Update: Now being reported as April 28). There will be two models, 5.7-inch and 6.2-inch, the South Korea-based news outlet reported.
Samsung is hosting an event on March 29 in New York City to unveil its next flagship smartphone, as it looks to rebound from an embarrassing Galaxy Note 7 flop. Rumors and leaks point to a near bezel-less display and fingerprint sensor on the rear of the device.
Evleaks of VentureBeat reported specifications months earlier:
- Display: 5.8-inch QHD AMOLED/6.2-inch QHD AMOLED
- Processor: Snapdragon 835 (or 10nm Samsung Exynos chipset, depending on market)
- Battery: 3000mAh/3500mAh
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB with microSD support up to 256GB
- Ports: USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Camera: 12MP rear (f/1.7), 8MP front (f/1.7) with iris scanner included
- Connection: USB-C
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear mounted
The Investor reported there will be a dedicated button to launch Bixby -- Samsung's upcoming AI voice assistant.
Samsung will livestream the Galaxy S8 announcement at www.samsung.com/galaxy at 11am ET on March 29, 2017. ZDNet will have writers on hand to cover the event.