It's easy to think that the iPhone is the king of smartphones. Well, in terms of unit sales it is, but not when it comes to specs.
Lenovo's new Z5 Pro GT is an absolute beast when it comes to the tech specs. The top tier model will ship with 12GB of RAM (to put this into perspective, the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max only have 4GB) and 512GB of storage.
- See it now: Shop phones at Lenovo
Powering all this is Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 855 7-nanometer chipset, featuring an octa-core CPU and Adreno 640 GPU, making this the second handset announced to run this chipset.
The other specs are also pretty impressive:
- 6.39 inch 1080 x 2340 pixels (approx 403 ppi) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 16-megapixel f1.8 + 24-megapixel f2.8 dual rear camera array
- 16-megapixel f2.2 + 8-megapixel IR front camera array
- Dual SIM slots
- 3,350mAh battery
However, don't get too excited for this handset, because the Z5 Pro GT doesn't ship with all the LTE bands a smartphone being used in the US would need, limiting its capability.
12GB version with 512GB of storage converts to around $650, with the more modest version with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage coming in at under $400.
Preorders kick off January 15, with the handset shipping January 24.
- Samsung tech to make the next iPhone better and cheaper
- More bad news for Apple: iPhone is weakening overseas, claims analyst
- iPhone XS and iPhone XR cheat sheets
- Demand for new iPhones weaker than Apple expected, claims report
- Apple knows the days of record iPhone sales are over, and wants you to stop obsessing over how many it now sells
- Apple was right, people love expensive iPhones
- iOS 12 tells you (almost) everything you need to know about your iPhone's battery
- Meet Apple's iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR: Prices and specs