PayPal Zettle offers convenient and flexible payment solutions through the Zettle Reader -- for an affordable, contract-less price.
- Hardware specifications: Bluetooth
- Where to buy: PayPal
- Pricing: $29 for the first terminal ($79 for all addition, 2.29% plus $0.09 per transaction, 3.5% for keyed transactions
PayPal Zettle aims to make accepting debit and credit cards as inclusive as possible. Its mobile credit card readers are Bluetooth-enabled, so your business can get paid nearly anywhere your mobile device works. As a first-time business shopper, PayPal sells the Zettle Reader for $29, charging $79 for each additional device. It accepts magnetic stripe, chip, tap and Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay. In addition, you can process PayPal or Venmo QR code payments via the Zettle companion app (iOS and Android).
It's worth knowing how fund availability and reserves work when using PayPal's service. Most card transactions will appear in full in your PayPal account, ready to be transferred to your bank by the business day. In other cases, if PayPal notices that you've frequently processed refunds, chargebacks, or any other suspicious activity, it may keep a partial or all of your funds on reserve. Then, you may be required to wait up to 90 days before they are made available for your use.
- Very affordable multi-payment card reader
- Accepts magnetic stripe, chip, tap, and NFC payments
- Instant transfers to your bank account for 1.5% of the amount
- Integrates with online invoicing
- International and Venmo transactions are also available