UP Bridge the Gap, a brand of AAEON Europe, has unveiled AI Edge X, which is the first 4G CE-RED certified Gateway powered by Intel Atom x7-E3950 and Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU.
Must read: iOS 12 features you should try today
The idea behind the AI Edge X is to bridge the gap between the edge and the cloud in order to make accelerated vision features available where it is not feasible to offload the workload to the cloud because of latency, network bandwidth, reliability, or security reasons.
The AI Edge X has been built with applications such as building automation, access control, video-surveillance, quality control, intelligence retail, and industrial safety in mind.
Here are the tech specs for the AI Edge X:
- Industrial chassis for 0-60 degrees operation
- Intel Atom x7-E3950
- Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU
- 8GB RAM DDR4
- 64 GB eMMC
- WiFi 802.11 AC 2T2R
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Twin Gigabit Ethernet
- HMDI + DP
- 3 USB 3.0, 1 USB 3.0 OTG
- 4G Modem
The Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU is the most efficient vision processing unit on offer with respect to Performance/$/Watt, opening up the possibility for deep-learning and computing vision algorithms at the edge.
The AI Edge X is currently available for pre-order, priced at $629, with delivery starting December 2018. The UP AI Vision X Developer Kit, which includes UP Squared and AI Core X, will also be available early December 2018.
- How easy is it to break the new Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max?
- iPhone XS and XS Max reveals some battery surprises
- Should I install iOS 12 on my old iPhone or iPad?
- iOS 12 tells you (almost) everything you need to know about your iPhone's battery
- Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR: Features and specs compared
- Meet Apple's iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR: Prices and specs
- Apple tries to wipe AirPower from the history books
- Top 12 Raspberry Pi alternatives (September 2018 edition)