Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook and other key staff took to the stage at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco to announce the next iPhone.
During the keynote, the company's management, lead engineers, vice-presidents, and key personnel dished out a series of updates.
- 11 iterations of the iPhone as of today's iPhone 7 launch
- 1 billion iPhones sold to date
- Two differently sized iPhones announced: iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- 17 million subscribers on Apple Music since it debuted
- 30 million songs on the music-streaming service
- 140 billion apps downloaded from the Apple App Store
- 500,000 games in the store, the largest category in the store
- 106 percent year-over-year growth in downloads in July through August
- 50,000 students will receive iPads as part of the ConnectED program
iPhone 7 first look: Apple's launch event scene by scene (pictures)