GE's use of Google Glass on the factory floor gives boost to AR market
GE Aviation and Teradata said they will partner to better combine operations and business analytics tools.
Under the partnership, GE and Teradata said they will create products and services aimed at the aviation markets. The two companies said they will join forces on marketing, sales, services, and support.
Teradata specializes in customer data, sales and marketing and back-office software. GE Aviation focuses on operations, network and asset management software.
The strategic pact will also bring together Teradata's analytics software with Predix, GE's industrial Internet of Things platform. Think of Teradata as a structural data player combined with GE's unstructured information and digital twin capabilities.
- Qantas and GE develop app to cut carbon emissions
- GE Transportation CEO Jamie Miller: Digital transformation requires a human touch
More on IoT:
- Enterprise IoT in 2017: The state of play
- Infographic: Companies are using IoT to monitor environments and improve products
- Internet of Things: CIOs are getting ready for the next big revolution
- The Internet of Things: 10 types of enterprise deployments
- 16 questions CXOs should ask before starting an IoT project
- How to calculate TCO and ROI for enterprise IoT implementations
- How to secure your IoT deployment in 10 steps
- The five industries leading the IoT revolution