If you work with a MacBook or a Windows laptop that only has USB-C ports, then I have the perfect accessory for you – the Anker Premium 7-in-1 USB-C hub.
Normally I'm no fan of hubs and dongles – they're yet one more thing to buy, carry, and lose – but now that I've shifted over to a MacBook Pro that only has four USB-C ports (oh, and a headphone jack port), it was either upgrade everything to USB-C or get used to working with a hub.
And the Anker Premium 7-in-1 USB-C hub is the perfect companion to a USB-C equipped laptop.
First, it's highly portable, fitting easily into the palm of the hand or a pocket. It also comes with a handy travel pouch.
On the connectivity front, the hub comes with a single 4K USB-C to HDMI, a 100W Power Delivery USB-C port, a USB-C data port, microSD/SD card reader slots, and two USB 3.0 ports.
The only port that's missing is an Ethernet port, but to be honest I can't remember the last time I needed to use one.
I've been using this hub for a few months now and it has worked flawlessly. And priced at $34.99, this hub is excellent value, especially considering the quality and attention to detail that Anker puts into its products.
Have you switched to a laptop that only has USB-C ports? If so, do you carry a hub with you or have you upgraded all your hardware? Let me know below!
- iOS 13 will actually save you money
- Top 10 iPhone privacy and security tips you should check today
- Apple: iPhone batteries are wearing out too quickly, and iOS 13 will offer a possible solution
- Building a $75,000 Windows 10 workstation
- Apple's prices are now just stupid, and we only have ourselves to blame
- AMD teases $749 16-core 'mainstream' Ryzen chip
- How to clear your iPhone's RAM