SAP outlined a series of SAP HANA Cloud Services aimed at data warehousing as well as employee experience tools.
The enterprise software giant outlined the updates at its TechEd conference in Barcelona.
Among the key details:
- SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP HANA Cloud will be available in the fourth quarter. The company launched the cloud services, which will be managed by SAP, at Sapphire. SAP HANA Cloud Services include SAP HANA Cloud, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud. There are more than 2,000 customers in the SAP Data Warehouse Cloud beta.
- SAP Business Workplace on SAP Cloud Platform is an application that recommends ways to optimize employee engagement and efficiency. Business Workplace is integrated with SAP Fiori applications with availability for select customers.
- A blockchain system that enables companies to manage international trade taxes and comply with EU regulations. The system is the first deliverable from a blockchain consortium that includes SAP, BASF, Bosch, and Hilti.
Recent SAP developments:
- SAP makes its cloud data service, data management play with HANA
- SAP hopes Embrace entices customers to combine HANA with AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud
- Apple CEO Tim Cook touts enterprise augmented reality as Apple, SAP further integrate
- SAP intros new customer experience features in C/4HANA
- SAP's big challenge: Live up to its 'Best Run' motto