Apple said it closed the purchase of Shazam and will make the app ad free.
For Apple, Shazam will give it technology and algorithms to bolster its music service. By making Shazam ad free, Apple may be able to increase usage and gather more data that can help it with Apple Music, trends and its algorithms.
As previously noted, Shazam will bring more than music discovery to Apple and its models could be used n other services. The app has been downloaded more than 1 billion times and users use Shazam to identify music more than 20 million times a day.
Previous and related coverage:
The new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was just announced and we expect three new iPhones and two Google Pixel phones to launch soon. Now is the time to consider selling your current one before market prices drop or plan to participate in a trade-in program.
he major smartphone launch season is upon us and one of the first out of the gates is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, immediately taking over the top spot in our list of best smartphones.
Our editors hand-picked these products based on our tests and reviews. If you use our links to buy, we may get a commission.
The best tablets for 2018: Our top picks TechRepublic
Tablet sales may be declining, but there are still plenty of viable use cases and many models to choose from. Here's our pick of the best.
- iPhone XS: One thumb up, one thumb down
- The big yawn: These new iPhones will be so boring, I can't wait
- iPhone hope and dread: In its game of phones, what features will Apple kill next?
- Why do people want a new iPhone? This research gives a fascinating clue
- How Apple Watch saved my life
- iOS 12: Release date, new features, and hidden features CNET iPhone XS: A cheat sheet for professionals TechRepublic