iPhone XS: The one reason I won't buy in
Jason Hiner: One of the most highly touted breakthroughs of the iPhone X -- and soon to be the iPhone XS -- is also its biggest drawback in usability and productivity. Read more
Jason Ciprinai: Face ID isn't why I'm already planning on upgrading my iPhone X this year. For me, it all comes down to screen size. It's time to go big. Read more.
Also: How to watch Apple's 2018 iPhone event on Sept. 12 | Apple's next iPhone: 9 things you need to know before the keynote | iPhones, iPads, MacBooks: What will Apple unveil? | Best ways to sell or trade in your iPhone CNET | Apple's Sep 12 event: What the pros expect TechRepublic
Previous and related coverage:
Life should get a little easier for Apple fanboys reluctant to spend a fortune on their next phone.
Apple's iPhone XS and siblings are about to launch -- along with Apple Watch and an iPad Pro update. Here's a between-the-lines reading of the developments.
With the launch of the next iPhone now days away, the leaks, rumors, and analyst chatter is reaching fever pitch.
Will Apple get rid of the Home button and Touch ID across the iPhone product line? The company does have a track record of removing the useful in favor of the whiz-bang.
Most major flagship smartphones are now on a fairly regular release schedule and leaks are a part of this cycle. It is rare for a phone to be released today with any surprises, so let's take a look at what is coming soon.
Don't expect the next iPhone to support 5G. Or radical changes when a future one does.
Not invited to Apple's September 12 iPhone unveiling? Here's how you can grab a front-row seat.
Apple's likely iPhone lineup may reflect a slow-growth reality and reliance on services. Apple's spin is that it can still sell you premium iPhones as well as bank the recurring revenue.
- How to watch Apple's 2018 iPhone event on September 12
- Apple's iPhone XS: 9 things you need to know before the keynote
- iPhone XS: One thumb up, one thumb down
- The big yawn: These new iPhones will be so boring, I can't wait
- iPhones, iPads, MacBooks: What new hardware will Apple unveil?
- iPhone hope and dread: In its game of phones, what features will Apple kill next?
- Why do people want a new iPhone? This research gives a fascinating clue
- How Apple Watch saved my life
- iOS 12: Release date, new features, and hidden features CNET
- iPhone XS: A cheat sheet for professionals TechRepublic