Owners of Apple's new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar are complaining that they're not getting anywhere near the stated battery life.
A user posting to Apple's support forum claimed their battery ran down in three hours.
I just received my new 15" MacBook Pro with touch bar. The battery life is horrible!!! I have Safari open with 6 tabs and with 95% battery, I am told that I have under 3 hours of battery life left! I thought these things were supposed to get 10 hours? I ran the battery down in 3 hours last night only browsing the web. I wasn't watching videos, just browsing. Is there something wrong with my laptop?
It is currently unclear what might be at the root of this problem, but an issue with the discrete Radeon graphics chip is suspected (although far from confirmed).
So far, beyond keeping usage to a minimum or keeping the MacBook Pro connected to a power outlet, there are no fixes. It is likely that users will have to wait for a patch from Apple (or return the MacBook Pro for an exchange or refund).
- Apple lacks 'courage' and 'risks to the company have never been greater,' claims Oppenheimer
- Fix your stuff with this $20 essential electronics toolkit from iFixit
- Everyday carry tools and gadgets
- Do you need 32GB of RAM?
- Five reasons why Apple's new MacBook Pro makes me want to switch back to Windows
- Build a $400 Windows 10 PC