Third, disabling JS execution also prevents other forms of tracking scripts, such as those used by social media companies, traffic analytics tools, and other online services that uBlock Origin might have missed via its normal blacklist.
This new uBlock Origin feature has been added to version 1.17.0, released on Sunday, September 23. It's in the form of a master switch that appears in the uBlock Origin popup panel.
Also: How the tech behind the creepy ads that follow you around the internet works TechRepublic
This "noscript" version of websites is what uBlock Origin 1.17.0 users will be seeing when they enable the ad blocker's JS blocking function.
Previous and related coverage:
Cyber attacks and malware are one of the biggest threats on the internet. Learn about the different types of malware - and how to avoid falling victim to attacks.
This simple advice will help to protect you against hackers and government surveillance.
Whether you're in the office or on the road, a VPN is still one of the best ways to protect yourself on the big, bad internet.
If you can't answer these basic questions, your security could be at risk.
Retired US Air Force cyber-security expert shares his thoughts on the future of critical infrastructure security.
Researchers turn ordinary WiFi devices in rudimentary scanners that can identify potentially dangerous objects hidden inside bags or luggage.
- Nasty piece of CSS code crashes and restarts iPhones
- FragmentSmack vulnerability also affects Windows, but Microsoft patched it
- Data breaches affect stock performance in the long run, study finds
- Why the 'fixed' Windows EternalBlue exploit won't die
- Google fixes Chrome issue that allowed theft of WiFi logins
- Google investigating issue with blurry fonts on new Chrome 69
- Google restores 'www' to Chrome URLs after user backlash
- Windows support scam uses evil cursor attack to hijack Google Chrome sessions