Xiaomi continues the trend of creating smartphones that are highly breakable and packed with features that no-one asked for with a concept phone that has a wrap-around display and a 108MP camera.
Must read: When is Android 10 coming to my phone?
The Mi MIX Alpha is different in that it features a display that starts at the front and wraps all the way around the sides and to the back. There's space at the top and bottom of the smartphone for buttons and charging ports, and the camera sits in a ceramic band that fits along the back of the handset.
While most modern smartphones have a screen-to-body ratio in the region of 80-90 percent, Xiaomi claim that the Mi MIX Alpha has a screen-to-body ratio of 180.9 percent.
Wrapped around the handset is a titanium alloy frame that Xiaomi claims is three times stronger than stainless steel.
The sides of the phone are used to show reminders and notifications, while the display on the back will normally be switched off the phone is being used normally but will activate when the handset is turned over.
So much more screen to look at. So much more screen to break.
The 108MP camera -- which shoots 12,032 x 9,024-pixel photos -- acts both as a front and rear camera by just flipping the handset over. It also features a 12MP telephoto camera and a 20MP ultra-wide-angle camera.
Powering this is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor, 12GB of RAM, and 512GB of storage.
While the Mi MIX Alpha is a concept smartphone, Xiaomi says that limited numbers will soon hit the shelves, complete with a 20,000 yuan/$2,815 price tag attached.
- Must-have productivity apps and accessories for the iPad Pro
- Best iOS apps (September 2019 edition)
- Does the iPhone 11 have a hidden feature waiting to be activated?
- Can an iPad Pro really replace a laptop? Let's find out
- When is Android 10 coming to my phone?
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max: What are the differences?
- Apple iPhone 11 models unveiled: Specs, features, and prices