It appears that Apple is getting ready to release a new MacBook Pro, according to FCC filings.
The filings, which are no longer available but were picked up by several eagle-eyed tech sites, refer to a laptop with the model number A2159, which lines up with a filing Apple made with the Eurasian Economic Commission database.
The filing indicates that this laptop has a 13-inch display and it has the same dimensions and power rating as the current 13-inch MacBook Pro.
All this points to this being an update to the 13-inch MacBook Pro without Touch Bar. But given that the power ratings and dimensions are unchanged, it seems that this is a minor refresh as opposed to a major revamp.
There's also a rumor that Apple is planning to drop a new 16-inch MacBook Pro, but I would be surprised if that drops this year. This is likely to wait until the next major MacBook Pro refresh (if at all).
I would expect this new 13-inch MacBook to be unveiled soon, possibly as part of a back to school push by Apple, or maybe in the fall, to coincide with the release of macOS Catalina.
Are you interested in a 'budget' MacBook Pro? Let me know below!
- iOS 13 will actually save you money
- Top 10 iPhone privacy and security tips you should check today
- Apple: iPhone batteries are wearing out too quickly, and iOS 13 will offer a possible solution
- Building a $75,000 Windows 10 workstation
- Apple's prices are now just stupid, and we only have ourselves to blame
- AMD teases $749 16-core 'mainstream' Ryzen chip
- How to clear your iPhone's RAM