Google said it is launching Android Enterprise Essentials, a mobile device management service for small enterprises.
Based on the Android Enterprise Recommended program, Google's Android Enterprise Essentials is a pared down version with default features and smaller budgets. Google is trying to address the reality that smaller organizations are often targeted by cybercriminals.
- Requiring a lock screen and encryption on devices to prevent unauthorized access to company data.
- Enforcing mandatory malware protection with an always-on Google Play Protect.
- The ability to wipe all company data from a device.
- The core security features are applied automatically without the need to configure devices.
Google noted that Android Enterprise Essentials is aimed at small businesses but may also work for large companies that don't need advanced capabilities.
- Samsung Galaxy S20, Note 20, Tab, XCover Pro added to Google Android Enterprise Recommended Program
- Google adds enterprise mobility management vendors to Android Enterprise Recommended program
- Google Cloud expands Android Enterprise Program, up to 39 devices
- Google adds rugged devices to Android Enterprise Recommended program