Retailers are coming up with all sorts of shopping events to get you to buy their goods this holiday season. Earlier this month, for instance, we told you about Green Monday. Now, Amazon is promoting a sale called "Digital Day."
- See it now: Amazon Digital Day 2018 sale
What is Amazon Digital Day?
This is actually Amazon's third-annual Digital Day. It features "end-of-year deals" on digital content across the site. The point is, if you've just been given a new Kindle device, you can now fill it up with digital content -- on the cheap.
When is Amazon Digital Day 2018?
This year, Amazon Digital Day officially starts at midnight PT on Dec. 28, 2018. However, Amazon indicated some deals should start to go live from Dec. 26.
How to find Amazon Digital Day 2018 deals
Sign up on the Amazon Digital Day page to receive notifications for when the deals begin. You can shop Digital Day deals from here, or from your Amazon Fire TV, Fire tablet, Kindle, or compatible mobile device through the Amazon app and Amazon App Store.
Also: Holiday Gift Guide 2018 CNET
Best Amazon Digital Day 2018 deals
Amazon said it's offering "thousands of deals," giving you the opportunity to save up to 80% on digital goods spanning multiple categories including: entertainment, reading, games and apps, kids, and software. Here is a sneak peek at the Digital Day sale:
- Save $50 on Fire HD 10 tablet and receive 3 months free trial to Audible.
- Save 50% or more on software from H&R Block, Norton Security, and Quicken.
- Save 20% on TurboTax 2018 and get a free $10 Amazon Gift Card.
- Save up to 75% off Kindle best-selling books.
- Save up to 80% off best-selling Marvel graphic novels.
- Save up to 60% off digital magazines.
- Save on hundreds of digital movies via Prime Video.
- Save 30% off language programs from Rosetta Stone and Babbel.
- Audible: Buy one, get one free on a selection of hundreds of Audible books.
- Get 3 months of Kindle Unlimited for $0.99. New subscribers only.
- Get 3 months free of FreeTime Unlimited for $2.99. New subscribers only.
- Start a new paid subscription to AMC Premiere, CBS All Access, ESPN+, or Showtime and get $10 Amazon credit.
For more great deals on devices, gadgetry, and technology for your enterprise, business, or home office, see ZDNet's Business Bargain Hunter blog. Affiliate disclosure: ZDNet earns commission from the products and services featured on this page.
Previous and related coverage:
Here are ZDNet's top choices for technology gifts, gadgets, and accessories over the holiday season.
This is a listing of some of the weird, odd gadgets that I've picked up over the years -- but I have found them to be super useful and use them pretty much daily. They have practically become worth their weight in gold.
Tech-savvy moms might appreciate a useful, fun, or relaxing gadget over Christmas. Check out some of our top picks.