The GeForce RTX 2060 offers 52T Tensor flops, 5 Gigarays per second, and 6 GB of G6 memory. It's 60 percent faster on current titles than the prior-generation GTX 1060, NVIDIA's most popular GPU, and it beats the gameplay of the GeForce GTX 1070 Ti.
Turing GPUs are expressly designed for ray tracing -- a rendering technique that creates realistic lighting effects. However, Nvidia founder and CEO Jensen Huang said Sunday night, "We know that ray tracing is computationally intensive." The RTX 2060 addresses that, he said, with the right combination of Tensor Cores and RT Cores. .
Nvidia is also offering the new GPU as part of game bundles: The RTX 2060 or FTX 2070 comes with either Anthem or Battlefield V, while the RTX 2080 Ti comes with both.
Huang also announced 40 new laptop models from every major OEM in the world powered by RTX GPUs. The new models will be available at the end of this month. Of the new models, 17 of them feature Nvidia's Max-Q design, offering a thinner, quieter experience.
More CES 2019 coverage:
- On the eve of CES 2019, the prospects for a post-Windows world
- CES chief Gary Shapiro predicts the biggest hits of 2019 show
- Asus launches Chromebook Education series with trio of laptops
- CES 2019 preview, upcoming phone leaks
- CES 2019: What to expect from the chipmakers
- Nvidia's new GeForce RTX 2060 is just $349
- 5G, AI, design and data collide
- AARP trialing virtual reality for remote healthcare
- iOttie unveils smartphone car mount with built-in Amazon Alexa
- BlackBerry Secure packs aspire to give security to 'all smart things'
- Voice activated trash disposal
- Ford demos cellular V2X with Qualcomm chipset
- Robotic suitcases back (and ... maybe better?) at this year's show
- Google Assistant to hit 1 billion devices
- CES 2019: 3 reasons professionals should pay attention
- Ring expands product lineup with new video doorbell
- Nvidia CEO Huang explains how AI changes everything
- Are these newly launched '5G' services truly 5G wireless?
- Why UBTech is on track to become our first robot overlord
- Sprint unveils smart home Magic Box, confirms Samsung 5G phone
- Samsung announces 5G smartphone sneak peek
- Toyota details Guardian driver assist to avoid car crashes
- Intel unveils 10nm PC products for AI and 5G
- Intel strikes deal with Comcast for 10-gigabit cable
- Intel and Alibaba partner on artificial intelligence
- Intel's Mobileye signs deal with UK mapping agency
- Lenovo outlines ThinkPad X1 Carbon and ThinkPad X1 Yoga
- Nvidia expands into more mainstream automotive market
- LG's IP Park presents a vision of "evolving intelligence"
- Alibaba's Tmall Genie assistant comes to BMW vehicles in China
- IBM at CES 2019 outlines Q System One quantum computer
- IBM aims to use crowdsourced sensor data to improve local weather