Docker and Salesforce/MuleSoft on Thursday are announcing a partnership to help enterprises move towards a modern microservices architecture without sacrificing the value in legacy applications.
The partnership combines MuleSoft's Anypoint Platform, which companies use to build and manage APIs and integrations, with Docker Enterprise, the commercial platform businesses use to manage containerized applications. The combination promises to unlock data and systems from across the enterprise and make them available for integration with any app.
Specifically, this partnership will deliver new capabilities for mutual customers in three areas:
For legacy applications that have APIs, an organization can use Docker Enterprise to modernize those applications. Then, the organization can immediately plug the application into their application network, built with MuleSoft.
Docker and MuleSoft are also offering a solution for legacy applications without APIs. The two companies will provide resources like automation tools, blueprints and starter packs, so an organization can containerize and modernize these applications more quickly.
Meanwhile, any new applications created in Docker will be automatically accessible via the Anypoint Platform.
Salesforce acquired MuleSoft for $6.5 billion in March because businesses in just about every industry are overhauling their IT for the digital era, and MuleSoft's application network makes an organization's IT investments more accessible. At the Salesforce Dreamforce conference this year, MuleSoft took center stage, with Salesforce saying that MuleSoft will remain an independent unit and brand.
Meanwhile, a growing number of organizations are using containers to deliver applications.
In addition to the partnership between Docker and MuleSoft, the companies announced that Salesforce Ventures is investing in Docker to drive its next round of growth. The investment creates greater alignment between MuleSoft and Docker, helping both companies to better serve joint customers.
Best Black Friday 2018 deals:
- Amazon Seven Days of Black Friday Deals: All-time lows on office devices
- Amazon Black Friday 2018 deals: See early sales on Echo, Fire HD
- Best Buy Black Friday 2018 deals: Deep discounts on Apple Mac, Microsoft Surface
- Costco Black Friday 2018 deals: $250 iPad, $200 laptops
- Staples Black Friday 2018 deals: PC sales include $150 Chromebook
- Target Black Friday 2018 deals: $250 iPad mini 4, $120 Chromebook
- BJs Black Friday 2018 deals: Laptop, desktop, and tablet sales galore
- Walmart Black Friday 2018 deals: $99 Chromebook, $89 Windows 2-in-1
- Dell Black Friday 2018 deals: $120 Inspiron laptop, $500 gaming desktop
- Jet Black Friday 2018 deals: $195 Roomba, $70 off Nest Cam Indoor
- Newegg Black Friday 2018 deals: $50 off Moto G6, $70 off Nest thermostat
- Office Depot Black Friday 2018 deals: $300 off Lenovo Flex, $129 HP Chromebook
- Sam's Club Black Friday 2018 deals: Buy a 4K TV and get a free Xbox One S
- eBay Black Friday 2018 deals: See early sales on Galaxy Watch, Chromecast
- Lenovo Black Friday 2018 deals: ThinkPad laptops and more
- Microsoft Store Black Friday 2018 deals: Ad showcases Surface, laptop deals
- Google Store Black Friday 2018 deals: Home Hub, Pixel 3, and Pixelbook
- HP Black Friday 2018 deals: Pavilion laptops, desktops
- Windows laptops Black Friday deals: Dell, HP, Lenovo
- Chromebook Black Friday 2018 deals: Dell, Google, HP
- Best tablet Black Friday deals: Apple iPad, Amazon Fire
- Black Friday 2018 iPhone deals: $400 iPhone X gift card, BOGO iPhone XR
- Black Friday 2018 smartphone deals: OnePlus 6T, LG G7