Ultimaker and its partners on Tuesday announced they're enabling a range of new materials to fit on Ultimaker 3D printers. The new material print profiles, released with companies like Clariant, DSM, and DuPont, are available via the latest version of the free print preparation software, Ultimaker Cura 3.6.
Back in April, Ultimaker announced a new Material Alliance Program aimed at further developing professional desktop 3D printing. Materials are playing a key role in the expansion of 3D printing. Stratasys and 3D Systems, for instance, have recently stressed that the 3D printers that can work with metal have become important growth drivers.
ZDNet: Black Friday 2018 deals: Business Bargain Hunter's top picks | Cyber Monday 2018 deals: Business Bargain Hunter's top picks
Ultimaker and its partners have focused on engineering plastics and composites. According to MarketInsider, the 3D printing plastics market size is projected to reach $1.97 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 26.1 percent between 2018 and 2023.
Ultimaker Cura 3.6 offers a Marketplace where users can install print profiles from Ultimaker's partners. Currently, the Marketplace offers material profiles for BASF, Clariant, DSM, DuPont, and Owens Corning. Soon, it will offer material profiles from other companies including Arkema, colorFabb, ElogioAM, Eastman, Henkel, igus, Matterhackers and Polymaker.
The material profiles are fully optimized for Ultimaker 3D printers, with no need to manually input parameters before printing.
Since Ultimaker launched the Material Alliance Program, more than 60 companies have shown interest in enabling new and existing materials to fit on Ultimaker 3D printers, according to Paul Heiden, Ultimaker's SVP of product management.
CNET: Black Friday 2018: The best deals on sale right now | The best Black Friday deals of 2018: The Cheapskate's picks | Black Friday 2018 Amazon deals now available
"This is just the tip of the iceberg," Heiden said in a statement. "Professionals that are looking for composite, flame retardant, ESD or transparent materials can now choose the right print profiles from an evolving marketplace of materials and benefit from a complete solution where hardware, software and materials are fully aligned. This integration is what enables reliable print results and this is what will help to unlock new 3D print applications."
Best Black Friday 2018 deals:
- Amazon Seven Days of Black Friday Deals: All-time lows on office devices
- Amazon Black Friday 2018 deals: See early sales on Echo, Fire HD
- Best Buy Black Friday 2018 deals: Deep discounts on Apple Mac, Microsoft Surface
- Costco Black Friday 2018 deals: $250 iPad, $200 laptops
- Staples Black Friday 2018 deals: PC sales include $150 Chromebook
- Target Black Friday 2018 deals: $250 iPad mini 4, $120 Chromebook
- BJs Black Friday 2018 deals: Laptop, desktop, and tablet sales galore
- Walmart Black Friday 2018 deals: $99 Chromebook, $89 Windows 2-in-1
- Dell Black Friday 2018 deals: $120 Inspiron laptop, $500 gaming desktop
- Jet Black Friday 2018 deals: $195 Roomba, $70 off Nest Cam Indoor
- Newegg Black Friday 2018 deals: $50 off Moto G6, $70 off Nest thermostat
- Office Depot Black Friday 2018 deals: $300 off Lenovo Flex, $129 HP Chromebook
- Sam's Club Black Friday 2018 deals: Buy a 4K TV and get a free Xbox One S
- eBay Black Friday 2018 deals: See early sales on Galaxy Watch, Chromecast
- Lenovo Black Friday 2018 deals: ThinkPad laptops and more
- Microsoft Store Black Friday 2018 deals: Ad showcases Surface, laptop deals
- Google Store Black Friday 2018 deals: Home Hub, Pixel 3, and Pixelbook
- HP Black Friday 2018 deals: Pavilion laptops, desktops
- Windows laptops Black Friday deals: Dell, HP, Lenovo
- Chromebook Black Friday 2018 deals: Dell, Google, HP
- Best tablet Black Friday deals: Apple iPad, Amazon Fire
- Black Friday 2018 iPhone deals: $400 iPhone X gift card, BOGO iPhone XR
- Black Friday 2018 smartphone deals: OnePlus 6T, LG G7